Can hoa homeowners print elections ballots that match the…

Customer Question
Can hoa homeowners print...

Can hoa homeowners print elections ballots that match the ones the management company send out. The don't want to give extra copies of the ballots and envelopes even though in the past it was done

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean by filed or reported

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've been waiting for 17 minutes and no answer. Was told it would be 8 minutes
3/6/2018
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

It sounds like the HOA board agreed that there would be a certain amount of ballots and you want to print additional ballots without authorization from the HOA. Is that the case?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm on the board and we have given extra ballots to homeowners including directors who go out to make sure people vote. But now the board dormant want to. They are being recall for unethical reasons and of course don't want the recall or a new board. Just wanted to know if the homeowners have a right to print similar ballots.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry meant he board doesn't want to give extra ballots like they have done in the past

It sounds a bit fraudulent if the homeowners violate a board resolution or decision and attempt to print similar ballots for voting. It could lead to a later challenge to the vote or even an allegedly fraudulent claim.

I know this is not the exact answer you would have hoped to have heard but it is better for you to know what is expected in this situation.

We can continue to discuss this if you want. Just let me know.

If you are satisfied with the services I provided to you, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no additional charge to you so I can get credit or helping you. Again, if you have a follow-up question, just let me know. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney