I am currently on diversion here in Kansas. However, I am a…

Customer Question
I am currently on...

I am currently on diversion here in Kansas. However, I am a Colorado resident with a med card soon on the way. As of right now I go to Kansas state university and will be here till summer when I go back home to Colorado. Will I be able to self medicate when I go back home? Or will this be in conflict of my diversion? My diversion officer stated prescription is fine but she didn’t specify a med card- especially since my charge is possession of paraphernalia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As in?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I am a Colorado resident with a med card but am on diversion in Kansas for paraphernalia.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 day by:
3/8/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 5 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good morning. It may be a conflict and result in a violation of the program. Before medicating you must speak with your case manager and show them the card and get something in writing that clearly states if you are allowed to use and to be assured that if you are tested and it is positive that you are not violated since this is medically necessary and prescribed.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!