Accessing work emails from cell phone, but no PHI on emails.

Accessing work emails from...

Accessing work emails from cell phone , but no PHI on emails. Is that a violation of Hipaa

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If it does not involve the accessing of protected health information, then by definition there could be no HIPAA violation. That said, an employer could still find this to be a violation of their rules, or generally unacceptable, and take disciplinary action accordingly. No law would prevent them from doing that, notwithstanding that no HIPAA violation has occurred.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Thanks

You are very welcome. Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....

LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer