I recently separated from my fiance. We had 17,000 in cash…

Good day, I recently...

Good day, I recently separated from my fiance. We had 17,000 in cash in the house in which she took and put it all into her bank account to where I can not get to. I have asked nicely for half to be returned, But to no a vale will she do so. What can I do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NY and it is cash money

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet, I was hoping for a peaceful out come

3/6/2018
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

The only thing that you can do if somebody has your money and refuses to voluntarily give it back is to sue for a money judgment that you can then enforce against that person. Unfortunately, because of the large amount of money involved, this is well beyond the limits that you can sue for in small claims court. Accordingly, my suggestion is that you retain an attorney to sue in the NY Supreme Court. You can easily find an attorney by contacting the NY State Bar: http://www.nysba.org/CustomTemplates/SecondaryStandard.aspx?id=26515

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Thank you

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using this service, and please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
I will and always a pleasure.