Is $749.00 enough to go to small claim court. I lived now in…

Customer Question
Is $749.00 enough to...

Is $749.00 enough to go to small claim court

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

I lived now in Wi.,but this happened in Fl.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/6/2018
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 5 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes. Florida law has a jurisdiction for Small Claims Court cases so long as the amount in controversy is under $5000.A small claims case is a legal action filed in county court to settle minor legal disputes among parties where the dollar amount involved is $5,000 or less, excluding costs, interest, and attorneys' fees. Forms that have been approved for statewide use are located within the Florida Small Claims Rules.

Send a demand letter demanding payment within 30 days, otherwise you will pursue legal action against him, seeking that amount plus any additional damages as allowed by law. Send this letter certified, return receipt requested, as well as a copy sent regular mail. Keep a copy for yourself, as well as the return receipt number so that you can show the court that you made a demand for the unpaid amount. This is a good thing to do because it's always better to avoid court in the first place, which has the possibility of you losing, then going to court.

Do a search on the web for your county and "small claims court." You should find either a website or phone number to the small claims clerk. Ask them what you need to do to bring such a lawsuit. The small claims clerk will give you guidance on how to file this suit and how to get the other party served with notice. You will receive a hearing date, at which you should present your evidence and ask for a judgment for the amount that you should be paid.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Hello?