If attorneys that work for a bank file fraudulent documents…

If attorneys that work for...
If attorneys that work for a bank file fraudulent documents to foreclose on a property here in Ohio and hire a new set of attorneys and file bankruptcy in New York can the bankruptcy protect them from the damages they caused in oho.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/8/2018
Nisha Jones

Good morning, just a reminder that JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice.

Was the bankruptcy filed in NY for the attorneys personally, or for the bank? The foreclosure in Ohio was done by the bank, correct?

The foreclosure was done on the property here in Ohio. The bankruptcy was filed by attorneys that worked for the bank in New York

I'll opt out so that another attorney can assist you with this, thanks!

OK thank you.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under section 523 of the US Bankruptcy Code, any debt that has occurred as a result of fraud by the debtor is not capable of discharge in bankruptcy. So if you prove fraud in the OH case occurred, then any debt resulting from a judgment against the bank in that case could not be discharged in a bankruptcy pursuant to the US bankruptcy code.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Great answer. If I win a judgement against them how do I collect.

Thank you for your reply.

You need to file NOW as a creditor of the bankruptcy, since you have a pending suit AND you need to file a motion for relief from stay of the bankruptcy in the NY Bankruptcy Court and once you do that you would ask the court trustee to hold out enough assets to cover your judgment.