My vehicle was hit by an unlicensed motorcyclist causing…

Customer Question
Hi, my vehicle was...

Hi, my vehicle was hit by an unlicensed motorcyclist causing damage to both vehicles. 3 witnesses say the motorcyclist was speeding when it hit my passenger side while I was making a legal left turn into a private driveway. What kind of lawyer do I need ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This accident happened in Fresno, California on 4/26/17. My company vehicle is a 2015 Ford Flex

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Both parties have Geico insurance. That is all that has been involved, since no one had to go the hospital. No police report was made.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
What type of lawyer do I need to fight a case against an un-licensed motorist ?
3/6/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You would use a personal injury lawyer. The rider would be personally liable and should be pursued.

If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
The personal injury lawyers tell me no one was Injured, and I need a different type of lawyer.

To sue you need an injury or damages. If there is any financial loss a claim is viable. If none, not worth pursuing.

Please confirm my replies are acceptable by replying "yes"

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Would it be possible for a lawyer to send the motorcyclist a letter stating we will not file a financial claim, if he agrees to the insurance company it is 100% his fault ? This would bring my insurance back to where it was before this accident ?

That would be more of a conversation and then a settlement agreement.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”