Is it legal for a company in AZ to send by mail a stuffed,

trap-envelope addressed to himself...
Is it legal for a company in AZ to send by mail a stuffed, trap-envelope addressed to himself to see if an employee will flag it. Return address was legit but he used the name and address of another manager in another state, except for the slight bulk nothing looked suspicious. The post office didn't flag it. He gave us a failing grade and we never talked about this subject before.
3/6/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

sorry...I do not understand...can you provide some context?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I work for a security company. Our client on site sent by mail a letter addressed to himself, on purpose a bit bulky, to see if we would flag it as suspicious. It wasn't neither by us nor the post office. He used the name of a manager from another site as return address so it didn't seem unusual. He is now giving us a failing grade. We never trained on this I was wondering if this method was legal in the work place.

THanks

There is no AZ and no federal law that would make this illegal. SO long as he did not send contraband (like explosives)? It is not a violation of the law

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is fine thank you.

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Attorney
P. Simmons, Attorney