I was just served with a lawsuit. I am being sued for

Customer Question
tortuous interference and defamation of...
I was just served with a lawsuit. I am being sued for tortuous interference and defamation of title. The complaint claims that I filed fraudulent lien claims against property that is owned by the plaintiff. I have not filed any lien claims and have done nothing to interfere with the property. What are my options at this point? I have just been served and no answer has been filed yet. I think I need to hire a attorney but not sure what kind of attorney I need for this type of case. I would like to resolve the case with the least expense with out a long court fight if possible. Any advice would be great but I would like to ask.
What are my options at this point?
What type of attorney do I need for this type of case?
Is some type of settlement something that I should consider?
I am in Georgia.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/6/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. You will need to hire a business litigation attorney, if you choose to hire an attorney.

You can also file a response to the complaint yourself by responding to the allegations in the complaint and asserting your defenses. You can also contact the Plaintiff's attorney in the case to see if you can settle the matter and find out what the Plaintiff is looking for in the lawsuit. Do not admit to anything alleged in the suit when you speak with him/her.

Have I answered your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a five star rating.

Y​ou can also use the GA Bar Association for an attorney referral if you wish:

https://www.gabar.org/aboutthebar/lawrelatedorganizations/localvoluntarybars/index.cfm

What defenses would be proper in this type of case?
If i contact the plaintiff's attorney, would sending a formal letter be proper asking what the plaintiff is looking for in the lawsuit and that I am open to considering a offer of settlement?

I​ would just call the attorney. I would ask him what Plaintiff is looking for and that you are open to consider settlement talks.

Generally. the defenses are:

1. the defense of legitimate competitive activity;

2. responsibility for the welfare of a third person or justified interference

3. giving truthful information to another.

There may be other defenses available based on the specific facts and circumstances of your case.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.