I just sent it to you. California. Not Yet. I already typed…

Customer Question
I just sent it...

I just sent it to you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not Yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I already typed it and sent it to you

Lawyer's Assistant: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?

My landlord has been violating my tenants rights from day one, Now that my one year lease is up, he decided to try to have me arrested on some bogus allegations of me selling weapons & drugs on the premises, The SWAT Team arrived at my residence with guns, sniper rifles M-16, to make a long story short, No Arrest were made, after my apartment was search by the police, I received a letter of apology from the San Diego Police Department stating No Laws were broken or Violated that day, Now I need to take further action against him, due to the mental anguish I have suffered from that incident and embarrassment as a tenant with rights that were violated .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/6/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Do you know for certain that he was the one that reported you? Unfortunately it's really hard to prove that he purposefully/intentionally intended to cause harm to you by calling the police.

He was there when the SWAT Team arrived hoping I was arrested after the call...
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

I practice real estate law in Orange and San Diego county. However, I'm not certain that I can help you with this particular issue.

Can you tell me, briefly, what you believe may have caused the landlord to take such draconian action against you? That is, were there some other issues of dispute between you? If so, then what were the disputes?

Thanks for using Justanswer!