I have a neibour. I have a neighbor who is giving piano

I have a neibour ...

I have a neibour

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I have a neighbor who is giving piano lesson in her unit is there a bylaw to stop this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only with the assoc I filed a complaint

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How do I stop this assoc has done nothing it is an annoyance

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Have you reviewed the by-laws and discovered anything that applies to this? By that, I mean is there anything in the by-laws that deals with excessive noises and disturbances? Is there a company that manages the property? What times are the lessons given at?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Once a week on the weekend could be either day.don't know if she gets paid but to me she is running a business whether it be one child or more.the docs state that each unit shall be used as a single family unit on!y
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Lessons are late afternoon

Thank you. If she is in violation of the by-laws, the Association can take action and place her on notice to cease the conduct and if she fails to comply, start fining her. Moreover, if there is a management company, you can speak with them and file a complaint and have them look into this as well, since they would be responsible for violations. If this is a noise issue and excessive and continuous and at unreasonable hours, you could try and proceed civilly and sue for the nuisance and noise and get an order that it cease. Of course, if this only occurs once a week for an hour, the court may not find that this rises to that level, as they have a right to play the piano and if this is an issue with running and business out of your home, the Association would need to act.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it considered a business she is a piano teacher

I think if she has a company/business set up with the State and has clients coming in throughout the week, it could rise to that level but giving a lesson or two once a week would not amount to that, as it could be said that anyone who may charge for something / a service out of their home is running a business. If she was giving these lessons for free, the argument would fail, so it would appear that the issue is really the noise and while you can argue she is running a business, you may really want to focus on the excessive noise and the disturbance it is creating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not happy with answer I thought it would be more to the point not a general answer
I am happy to answer any follow up questions which you may have so please let me know.
If the association is not going to act to need to proceed through the court and file for an injunction to stop the noise if it is excessive and a nuisance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you condo lawyers??
The site does not provide legal representation but the legal experts do have experience in dealing with these issues
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why was I charged 31.00 when it said 5.00 for an answer?

The $5 is a deposit. Customer service can assist with any issues about payment and can help, if there is a problem.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney