Recently filed a police complaint regarding assault and

Customer Question
Recently filed a police...

Recently filed a police complaint regarding assault and threats of a hit man being hired to kill me. Don't think the district attorney is taking my complaint seriously. Other things happened that same evening I was being assaulted and my son tried to help me but made the bad choice of punching his wife in the mouth and knocking her tooth out. Both of them got arrested but it seems the district attorney is more interested in the tooth than my issue. I am a 65 year old widow

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Not an employement question but I live in Morton Pennsylvania.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is your question about this matter?

Should I be concerned that my issue is not being addressed? It seems that the DA is more interested in charging my son in regards ***** ***** tooth, which he should not have done, than my complaint,

Unfortunately, you can't tell a DA what to do or how to see the facts of a case. If he sees your issue as only a small part of a more serious problem, he has the right to proceed accordingly. This is called "prosecutorial discretion." The prosecutor's office was set up to give prosecutors independence so they couldn't be influenced or told what to do by anyone, not a complainant, not even people within the government.

However, you did call in this complaint, and can talk to the prosecutor independently. He is still going to need your cooperation as a witness to proceed with this complaint. Have you tried? What has he or she said to you? Were you issued a protective order?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.