I received a 3 day notice from my apt manager stating that…

I received a 3...

I received a 3 day notice from my apt manager stating that that my rent is $1409.00 due by the 8th of March 2018 . In the last six months my rent when from $674.00 TO $895.00 IN October,Now is $1409.00 I am currently on section 8 and I never receive a notice from either the Vermont Apt Solari Enterprise Inc or The housing Authority section 8 Los Angeles county stating this change until today March 5, 2018 stating that if do no pay the $1409.00 I will be evicted in 3 days.Is there anyway that you can assists me. My name is*****

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I just recieved the notice today and the manger said either I pay by the 8TH are they will file a notice. This location has been here 6Years and I was one of the first to move in .This location was suppose to for low icome and Iam confuse

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I belive that only a few of us that are on section the rent went I asked other in this apt. and they rent did not go up. I think that people here that is on Section 8 are being target for money reason

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay r I want my money back

Sorry about that, you opted me out so I couldn't respond.... then customer service removed the opt out...

I don't do the phone call thing, that comes from JA, not me personally.. I prefer to type out my answers..

.

Just a couple minutes..

Are you saying that you never received any written notice of a rent increase?

.

Are you under a fixed term written lease or are you month to month?

.

Are you in a rent controlled building?

.

Have you contacted Sec. 8 about the increase to see if the landlord gave them proper notice of any increase?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I never recieved a written notice until today. Back in October 2017 I recieved a notice from Solari tell that my rent was $895.00. I call my case worker on the phone and she that the rent when up from $684.00 to $895.00 and it is $1409.00. I believe that Due Process was not given to me.

That is correct, if they never gave you written notice of any rent increase under the law, then they can't do it. And in CA if they are going to increase the rent over 10%, they have to give you a written 60 day notice before the increase goes into effect.

.

So it sounds like several illegal rent increases happened here and you have grounds to fight them in court if they tried to evict you over not paying the illegal rent increase..

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm month to month. I;m not sure but my case worker said in some place there in Los Angeles there is no rent control and if so they can rise the rent from 3% to %6 and Soloria when with 6%. Section 8 inform that they did but when date and year or month

Ok, that doesn't change my answer above that this is an illegal rent increase under CA law..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I need to retain your service can I text you back? Here;s my home number(###) ###-####my cell is(###) ###-#### I'm going down to the housing Authority first thing in the morning. I do not have money or time with only until the 8th.Can you suggest anything I can dowithin this short time frame? Thanks

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to represent customers from the site or recommend anyone personally under my agreement with JustAnswer. However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need local counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank You so much My God u and your Family. Have a Goodnight

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

All the best to your and yours.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney
Barrister, Attorney