I would like to know how I will be tried for doing a

Hi, I would like...

Hi, I would like to know how I will be tried for doing a business transaction that my lawyer claimed to be legitimate, but SEC / government thinks otherwise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from state to state, can you tell me where the company is registered?

Minneapolis

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nope nothing I am trying to find a Security Lawyer who can assist us on our ICO and just wanted to ensure whom to choose

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it right now

3/5/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

The best way that I'm aware of to find an attorney would be via martindale.com, which allows you to search by state and by specialty.

I would like to know how I will be tried for doing a business transaction that my lawyer claimed to be legitimate, but SEC / government thinks otherwise.

If you have something in writing - a legal opinion - stating that it was permissible for you to take certain actions, that can only help you - but there's no guarantee that the SEC will give a significant amount of weight to it (and they don't have to give weight to it if they choose not to).

basically taking Legal advice is only certain protection but not a safety net completely is it?

That is correct - it is certainly helpful but it by no means ensures that the person will entirely avoid liability. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

Thank you Olivia :)

My pleasure :) If you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all.

Sure
I don’t see an option to review

There should be a 5 star rating system. 5 stars is definitely appreciated! But no worries if you can't find it!

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney