I recently purchased a used engine for &4000 it cost me

I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a used engine for &4000 it cost me $6500 to install it only lasted 25 hours. I decided to rebuild it at my cost. we then discovered the block was not rebuildable,this cost me an additional &6500. I then returned it unassembled to the place where I bought it,they only refunded me $2000 claiming they had to reassemble the engine at a cost of

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Engine was purchased from a minnesota salvage yard and delivered to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking for options to pursue the balance?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
plus am i entitled to my cost of labor to try to rebuild
You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Costs of labor would be included in the demand.If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

Great. Kindly take a moment to rate me 5 stars

INFOLAWYER, Attorney