I applied for a position at the state attorney office in…

I applied for a...

I applied for a position at the state attorney office in Miami. Passed all my pre-employment test. I was asked on the application if I was arrested and I answered yes, and my charges stem back to 1985 misdemeanor child abuse and adjudication was withheld and 1996 all charges where drop. Can they not give me the job because of my arrest background?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed or reported regarding what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Nothing

3/5/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Employment in FL is deemed at will, which means the SA office can decide who to hire or not hire for any reason at all as long as it is not based ONLY on age/race/sex/disability/national origin.

Generally, a NON-CONVICTION is not grounds to deny employment, but an adjudication withheld, while it is not a conviction is also not a dismissed charge and they could choose to use that as a reason not to hire you and under at will employment laws you would not have any recourse if they do so.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you very much. You were very helpful. How do I cancel this membership?

Thank you very much, experts are not employees, you need to leave positive feedback for the expert to get compensated. If you seek a complete refund, you are saying thank you for the information but I intend to stick the expert and not pay them as agreed upon. You can pay for the one question and cancel the subscription itself by leaving positive feedback and we will report the subscription cancellation and that you only want to pay for the one question.

Very good service

Thank you for your reply.

I give the service 5 stars
Can I expunge a withheld ajudication from my record and charges that where dropped. These are (2) desperate incidents. The first one in 1985 and the oth we in 1996.
They are holding me back from getting State and Federal jobs.

Thank you for your reply.

You can file a motion to dismiss the charge and then when the court dismisses the charge, you can file to expunge the charges. You need to file to seek to have the court dismiss the case first and then it can be expunged

Thank you. This site is very informative. I wish I knew it about it 35 years ago. I would probably be retired by now. This has get off my record and it must go Now!!! Again thank you very much.

Thank you very much.