My car was repossessed in Texas and I was able to get it…

Hello. My car was...

Hello. My car was repossessed in Texas and I was able to get it back. However they picked up my car on the 18th of Feb and my car was sent to auction the 21st. I have a breathalyzer which they removed and a device called sync( with tmobile)Which tells you where your car is parked, any maintenance etc etc....I was able to get the removed breathalyzer back but the sync device was removed and placed on another car(which I have the vin for) I have contacted the bank in regards ***** ***** and they are no help. I am going to file a police report because I pay for this device monthly. I don't want to have tmobile suspend it so I can gather as much information possible...Im wondering if I have an legal recourse or what my next step should be

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

2010 and it's in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported to the bank for my car as well as the agency that picked it up. I will be filing a police report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's pretty much it

3/5/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

The bank that ordered the repossession is vicariously liable for the action of the repossession company. They must retrieve your device or pay for the cost of a replacement. Otherwise, you would file lawsuit against the lender for wrongful repossession for taking the person property in your car, which is not part of the collateral and then losing the item. The lawsuit would be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online if the Court makes forms available online.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for your assistance. Thus was top notch advise

You are quite Welcome?

Kindly use the popup screen to give your 5-star rating so I can be properly credited for responding to your post.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Have a wonderful day!

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law