Have a letter from a attorney from one our previous patients…

Have a letter from...

Have a letter from a attorney from one our previous patients requesting our insurance information from our Medical Day Spa. The attorney is suggesting a potential legal; action for the outcome of the procedure due to the patient having adverse effects of the treatment. The patient was given a declaration of all the signed side effects they may happen with this procedure in which they signed agreed to the possible risk. Also, the patient signed a arbitration agreement that if any dispute arises out of any issues from our treatment is agreed that both parties go to the "American Arbitration Association" for resolution. So, I don't want to submit to the plaintiff attorney with any records of any kind unless its to the arbitration board that was agreed and signed for by the patient. So can I respond with a letter saying please submit all disputes to the arbitration board for processing.?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just provide information letter to us

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You do not need to provide documents now. The lawyer may not pursue it. If sued then documents are exchanged in discovery. You may want to alert the lawyer or waivers and acknowledgment signed.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks!!!!! Yes t very helpful......This is was what I thought as well!! I will respond with a letter stipulating the waivers signed. No documents will be issued at this time.
Perfect! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get credit by the site. Much appreciated!Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney