What defenses are available to a third party recipient of a…

What defenses are available...

What defenses are available to a third party recipient of a subpoena when the Complaint is falsely plead and the scope is beyond the actual relief available to the plaintiff

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?

The sole defendant has filed BK

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No response to the Complaint/petition filed as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, He may ask more information but this is pretty much the issue

3/4/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Subpoena recipient may object and reject a subpoena that is over broad. Often a call is made to negotiate a reduced production and a more reasonable scope. One can also file a motion to quash or limit the subpoena as irrelevant and unduly burdensome. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
In the absence of a response by the defendant, can the recipient attack the pleading which includes knowingly fraudulent allegations? For example, the complaint alleges a written contract including inconsistent and/or antagonistic performance terms contained in another contract to support a fraud cause of action.
No. That is for the defendant. Subpoena recipient can object on ground of relevance, burden, overbroad and cost. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
The requested information would not be relevant to an "honestly" plead complaint. The attorney was previously put on notice of this "misconduct"
If there is a history here I would include in the objection and any motion to quash.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You may also ask for sanction and legal fees.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
thank you!
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get credit by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney