Rental car leased to me been impounded. Son was driving and…

Rental car leased to...

Rental car leased to me been impounded. Son was driving and not registered to do so.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Car is brand new. Maybe 1 year old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

DUI for my son, the driver. I let him take it out to a party.

3/4/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
How can I get the car back?
What penalties will Enterprise rental charge for me allowing Someone not register and under the age of*****the vehicle. Can Enterprise pressed charges against me, the renter?
Sorry for the typos.
Normally will be released on paying impound fees. You will want to contact them to determine amount usually $500-750.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Texting is preferred. Not paying for the 2nd upgrade to talk live. Thx
Got it. if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksIf you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Prefer to proceed by chat not phone.
Could you provide a more detailed answer specific to South Carolina laws please? Also, can Enterprise charge or fine me for allowing someone else to drive the Car? Should I call enterprise immediately like the Free feedback stated?
I read something about getting a power of attorney to get the car back myself. Van you elaborate?
Can
Poa not required only if you cannot deal with it. Local counsel can also speak to them. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Lease governs penalties and here impound fees should be only fee.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
The rental contract says nothing about fees. It only says no additional drivers are authorized to drive the vehicle. Again, what penalties/charges can Enterprise charge me for breaking this part of the contract. Please be very specific.
I don’t work for them and I see no basis for fees not disclosed and included in the terms and conditions. You can inquire with them of course as well. Good luck!
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Ok thx
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get credit by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney