On a conspiracy charge doesnt the two other people have to…

On a conspiracy charge...

On a conspiracy charge doesnt the two other people have to go to trial aslo

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He plead guilty to 8 grams of heroin to be on home monitoring

3/1/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

No. Everyone in a conspiracy does not have to go to trial. There is always some kind of a plea possibility for those who don't want trial. And sometimes, defendants in a conspiracy will turn state's evidence. That is, they will decide for a favorable deal to become witnesses for the prosecution and testify against their co-conspirators.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

He never turned state witness so he plead out to 8 grand of heroin never had a drug charge ever and has been in county for 2 years where is the justice in a bogus felony charge with no informant no body else being charged and the only injustice is the guilty plea he took to get out still not out

I understand your frustration with the system, but no defendant ever has to plead guilty. He always has the right to fight the case, clear his name and go to trial. I don't know why he chose not to do that. But, unfortunately, he took a plea instead. And when he did, he would have had to admit in open court that he was actually guilty of the charges and that he understood what his sentence would be.

That's just it he doesn't under stand.this city has done nothing but take, sale, tow. Every thing he has gotten in his life .not once but twice.then placed a no contact order on him for 15 years they finally got there first felony out of him. Now his freedom . we are talking about a man that as a 15 year old boy asked his mom to lie about his age so he could fight in the war in 70's he was black ops it's never discussed he has never been to the doctor nor does he ask the government for one penny and his lungs from agent Orange are so bad he coughs up blood 5 or more times a day. And this isn't justice to force him to make a disicion to fight a charge he's not guilty of and be locked up or plea out to a charge your not guilty of because we made a mistake and your going to pay for it with the injustice to yourself . wow I hope no one is recognized for there efforts on this case.

I don't have enough information to understand what's going on either. If he feels his conviction is unjust, he needs to talk to a criminal lawyer who does post-conviction work to look at the record and see if there's anything that can still be done at this point to overturn his conviction or modify his sentence and get him out. It is, however, very difficult when a person has taken a plea to reverse that because of their own record that is generally made in court.

Thank you . For every thing mainly for listening. You rock.

You're very welcome. Happy to have been able to help in some way.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney