I just bought a nail salon and I want to change its name.

Hi, I just bought...

Hi, I just bought a nail salon and I want to change its name. But I don't know where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Huntsville, Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just sent some docs to the Board to change the ownership, not the name

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/28/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can change the dba and name of it here.Here is step by step to do that .

https://startupsavant.com/how-to-file-a-dba-in-alabama/

This is not hard here.It will guide you thru.

Once you have done this you need to notify the board of the change.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Hi Ray, Sorry to get back so late. I have a follow-up question. So my current shop's name is***** and we are operating under this name for more than a year. Which means all the specimens are under this name. So how can I have specimens that have a new name on it to submit them with the registration form?
This is confusing to me. The new name that I want is Winchester Nails and Spa by the way.Can you make this clear?

You can submit it without specimens here.

It said on the registration form that specimens must be submitted with the application. Are you sure that I can submit the registration form without them?

Yes this forms is also for trade marks, here you just want to register dba.

In the link you sent me, there is a paragraph stating that "If you read through their DBA registration form, you’ll find that Alabama doesn’t require any business to register a trade name in order to legally do business under that name.", so does that mean I can operate my business under a new name without registration dba? Can I just notify the board of the change without registering dba?

I think thats correct sorry for the confusion here.

It's optional in your state.