Selling my condo this spring. Since the purchase 25 plus…

Selling my condo this...

Selling my condo this spring. Since the purchase 25 plus years ago i changed my last name back to my maiden name. Do i need to do anything legal to change my name on the condo before i sell it or will having a copy of the paper from court approving my name change at the closing suffice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont understand?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/26/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

A certified copy of the name change order from the Court (or a marriage certificate, if the name was changed via marriage) normally suffices, without anything else needed.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law