Empire Today installed carpeting and flooring on Dec 18th…

Customer Question
Empire Today installed carpeting...

Empire Today installed carpeting and wood flooring on Dec 18th 2017 ( I have already paid over $3000.00) my home i still owe them about 1000.00 they are attempting to take me to collections if i don't pay in full in 10 days can i pay a monthly payment of 100.00 a mouth can they still send this to collection ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Coloardo

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I have ask Empire Today to please fix some of the things that were not installed properly they put me off for six weeks, Empire then started to send collection notices today I received my third and final notice.!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/23/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Unfortunately when you owe money / are behind on payments they CAN still send it to collections if you're paying it in installments - unless they agree to a payment plan and then you'd want to get assurances that they won't send to collections if you stay up to date on your payments.

can i just start making payments no matter what they say and what about my repairs don't they have to do the work that was not installed property?

You can start making payments but they can either choose not to accept them or to still send it to collections.

And, if they won't make the repairs you *can* sue them for that.

You can also sue them in small claims court for your money back - which would get their attention.

how much money can i sue them for

You can sue them for what you paid and you can include time off work and other 'inconveniences'...

Hi. I wanted to follow up to make sure you go the last answer I sent to you

Please cancel justanswer I am very upset I did not ever ask to belong to your justanswer You just asomed !!! I payed Five Dollars for your service !! That Does not give you the right to asome I wanted to join ? I want all the money you took out of my account , "refunded" ASAP. Thank You ( In Advance ) For Refunding "ALL My Money." Sincerely ***** ************

I will contact customer service on your behalf.