Can a sibling with power of attorney prevent other sibling…

Can a sibling...

Can a sibling with power of attorney prevent other sibling from obtaining medical updates from hospital

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Calif hospital just told her that the son has power of ayyorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Unknown hospital claim situation

2/22/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is this a medical POA or just a general financial POA?

.

.

thanks

Are you online with me?

Medical
Let’s continue

Ok, if the sibling has a medical POA and the parent is unable to make their own medical decisions, then the sibling holding the POA would have full legal authority over any medical decisions, including the power to share or withhold medical information about the grantor of that POA.

.

So the short answer is yes, a person holding a medical POA can withhold medical information about the grantor if they choose to do so.

.

.

thanks

Thank you that’s what I needed to know the other sibling wasn’t trying to make any decision just wanted update status of his condition

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney