When a person violates another person's 4th amendment rights…

When a person violates...

When a person violates another person's 4th amendment rights without any warning or permission that causes serious financial loss, how is the best way to recover damages? And isn't this a wrongful crime and theft against the victim?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Jersey. The violation was committed in Texas icw transporting a car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, about 2 weeks ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This has been very painful for me. I thought he was my friend. His action was not even necessary because on the same day, Jan. 30, that he had my car picked up by the costly unauthorized shipper, I received a call at 1:04PM on my cell phone from a much less costly shipper that he could pick up the car that same day.

2/19/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please provide more details as to what this person did that you think constituted a criminal offense.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Good morning. Sorry for my slow response. Can I call you on Customer care at 1(###) ###-####in a few minutes?

Phone calls are a premium service requiring an additional fee on top of what you've already paid. Customer Care's phone number will get you to our customer service center and not to me.

You'll get some kind of notice if you want a phone call, and you can select that and pay the fee. Or you can proceed for what you've already paid by typing up some details on this question thread so that I can provide you with a typed response.

Sorry for not answering. I have been so upset the last few days that I have not been able to do anything. I feel a little better now.
I thought this man was a new friend. I bought his car, we both decided it should be shipped from Texas to NJ and that I should start looking for a shipper after I got home on Nov. 14, but I got sick for a couple of weeks with flu and exhaustion. It was about on Dec.7 that I hired Fox Transport to ship my car and paid them $200. deposit. They said they would send a driver to get my car, but he never came, and gave a false story that he tried to call the agent who was to release the car to him, several times, unsuccessfully, and therefor could not pick up the car.The transport company said they would send another driver but never did. Then I had to get a different shipper who sounded verygood but also did not deliver. These 2 shippers kept me waiting for them a total of 52 days. My ex-friend blames me for that. On Jan. 18 he emailed me that he needed to get the car out of his garage and wanted me to find a shipper. I was feeling very distrustful of the shipping business, so it wasn't until Jan. 24AM that I applied for bids and received responses from 12 or so .I asked 4 or 5 of them for help.On Jan. 28 I got an email from the seller of the car asking me to send him emails I had received from shippers. So, after 10PM that night, I was still busy searching for and forwarding emails to the seller to examine. The next morning after breakfast I checked my email and got a terrible shock. The seller of my car had, without my knowledge, and without my consent, wrongfully used my name to force me to buy the services of a very expensive shipping company for $1,698.00 to ship my car by paying them $298.00 ofhis own money that I was being immediately demanded to reimburse him for, and I was being forced to get a $1,400.00 checkto give to the driver for shipping my car, or else he would put my car into expensive storage that would just add to my losses. Of course I protested very angrily against this malicious abuse against me. The one shipper who I had asked for help gave me a price of $799.00 to ship my car, and on Jan. 30 at 1:04PM he called me on my cell phone to tell me he could pick up my car that same day. But it was too late because the wrongfully hired transporter had already picked it up. So I say that the seller committed a wrongful transaction against me which caused me to lose money,and that the court should recognize this and force the seller to reimburse me for my loss,and also pay me damages for maliciously hurting me and putting me through all of this misery, pain, and hell. He has also put a lien on the title of the car for the $298.00 and for $300.00 for parking on his property, which I don't think he should get because of his extreme abuse against me and his malicious comment to me on Jan. 29 when he was talking about putting my car in storage if I would not agree to letting my car be shipped for $1,698.00, when he said he hoped the car storage people would "really soak me " and hurt me financially, which is evidence of his desire to hurt me.

Your question referenced the 4th Amendment which has to do with unlawful search and seizure by government entities. None of that applies to your fact pattern. This is a civil and not a criminal matter and best addressed by a civil lawyer. Therefore, I'm going to opt out of this question.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. I see your previous expert opted out. Do you have any additional questions I can answer or clarify?

Good morning Sir. I have no other questions right now thank you.

No problem. Thank you for letting me know.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney