Thank for your time. I fell tonight in front of a neighbor's…

Hi, thank for your time. I...
Hi, thank for your time.
I fell tonight in front of a neighbor's house. I just moved here a couple of months ago and the sidewalks are a nightmare. I know it's because the street is lined with trees - but the pavement is lifted up and buckled all over the place.
I will admit, I was walking the dog and paying for attention to her than the sidewalk - but it's absurd. One of the neighbors has an orange strip along the buckled sidewalk to alert passers-by . . . that's how bad the street is now
I am 50 yrs old, and have never, ever been involved with a personal injury incident - but I just started a new job and m insurance doesn't kick in for a couple of months.
If my bloody knee and arm are swelled up like a balloon tomorrow - "I" am not going to be the one paying for the Dr bill.Soooooooo - where do I go from here?
Please advise.Thank you again.
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You first need to find out who is responsible for the sidewalk and/or tree and the way the sidewalk is kept and maintained. I say this because that is who could be liable and who you would sue. You can also contact a personal injury attorney tomorrow and speak with them, to see what they think your claim may be worth and if they want to take the case. A bloody knee and swollen arm may not be something an attorney wants to take on a contingency basis so you may need to retain them and try and recover your attorney fees if you prevail.

OK - so do I just call the township building and - ask??
This isn't the high rent district - but it's not the slums either. The properties sell for around $300 - $400,000

Yes, you can see if they will tell you. If this is a public sidewalk it could be the city. If the tree belongs to the owner of the home and the roots were lifting up the sidewalk, it could be a different story as they could be liable also. Bot the city and homeowner have insurance so if you were to sue, they would be liable.

I hate to think of suing - I don't want money - I just want Dr bills (x-rays ) paid

Yes and you can make a demand for those to be paid and see if they will, if they know they are at fault.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
OK - thanks. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

You are welcome.