I am searching for the status of my father's share of the…

I am searching for...

I am searching for the status of my father's share of the settlement claim was to be disburse among us sibblings.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I did not know about it until the defendant's attorney mentioned it during the probate settlement, he stated a portion is still coming to you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I'm researching this, and I just want to know what steps to take or who would be the right person to talk to about it.

2/13/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Can you back up a bit and provide a little more information?

.

Did father pass away?

.

Has someone filed a formal probate case to settle his estate?

.

Was he involved in a lawsuit when he passed or did someone file a wrongful death lawsuit after his death?

.

.

thanks

in 2013, Yes, it would be the other party, it's their attorney who mentioned that agriculture money.
I'm waiting for your response. thanks

Ok, then you can get a copy of the probate case file from the court clerk where the case was filed and that money should have been listed as an asset of the estate in the inventory or in a later amended inventory if it was discovered later..

.

That will tell you how much it is and if it has been designated to go to a specific beneficiary or whether it is split up among all beneficiaries..

.

.

thanks

It appears that when he was still alive, he was a farmer.
It appears when he was still alive, was farmer. Siblings kept this a secret from me.

Ok... so did you see my response above about all assets being listed with the probate court?

thank u.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

And the probate case file should tell you exactly what the farming money is worth and how it is to be distributed.. You could also send a certified letter to the executor asking for that information from them directly..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney