I have a quitclaim dead that was signed and notarized June…

Customer Question
I have a quitclaim...

I have a quitclaim dead that was signed and notarized June 14 2014 but i did not record it until April 24 2017. may the person that sign off contest it now. it has been more then 2 years since it was notarized.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She filed bankruptcy and included the house. when i found out i recorded the dead

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
2/11/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney
Hello. Let me see if I can assist. If you paid for the property (or there was a reason for the transfer) and she executed and delivered the deed the deed, it is valid. Recording does not affect the transfer. Recording just gives notice to others. You should check the bankruptcy case to see what rights she is asserting as to the property. You may need to make an appearance in the bankruptcy to make the court aware of your rights.
Hope that helps.
Please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.