If there is an residential lease and 2 people sigin it and…

If there is an...

If there is an residential lease and 2 people sigin it and only one person get an eviction dose that apply to both parties when both parties names are ***** ***** or would she have to take them both to court not married

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is she in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the father taken so far?

He is going to move out but she dosent know what to do with her and the kids landlord is trying to say she never was on the lease and she has to move to

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I cant find my lease but she have a rent recipt on the deposit and first months rent

2/10/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are both people listed on the lease as tenants?

.

What do you mean one person get an eviction? Are you saying that the landlord went to court and got a judgment against one tenant?

.

Or just that the landlord dropped off a written notice to vacate and addressed it to only one tenant?

.

.

thanks

both

Ok, that is kind of confusing... I asked 3 questions..

.

1. Are both people listed on the lease as tenants?

.

2. Are you saying that the landlord went to court and got a judgment against one tenant?

.

3. Or just that the landlord dropped off a written notice to vacate and addressed it to only one tenant?

Ok...confusing again... are you saying 1. Yes, 2. Yes and 3. Yes.?

.

It is hard to help if I can't get the information to help..

sry but the answer to all of the questions is yes
Blake
Blake, Lawyer

Hello new attorney here. Generally speaking, if the landlord went to court and obtained a judgment for eviction, then that usually terminates the entire lease agreement (regardless of how many people are on the agreement). However, if the landlord is only really trying to evict one person, then the landlord may be willing to sign a new lease agreement with the remaining tenant. It would be a good idea to speak with the landlord and figure out what they are trying to accomplish. If the landlords wants all tenants out, then they probably have grounds to evict everyone based upon this judgment. But the landlord might not want to evict everyone, and you can negotiate to stay.

Also, the reason for eviction is very important. If the landlord brought suit for eviction because of unpaid rent, then that definitely will terminate the lease. However, if one tenant violated the terms of the lease (for instance by behaving badly on the property) then the landlord may have only brought suit in order to evict that person based upon their behavior, and not because the lease was completed violated by unpaid rent.

So, the short answer to your question is that the landlord probably can evict all tenants right now (especially if the eviction is due to unpaid rent), but there are some exceptions (such as if the eviction was only brought against one tenant for bad behavior). You should speak with the landlord to find out what they intend, and whether or not they would be willing to have the non-named tenants remain in the property.

I hope this information is helpful to you, and I sincerely ***** ***** all the best with this.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you are satisfied with this answer, please press the “accept” button now and leave a 5 star rating so that I may be given credit for the service that I provided you.

Once you press “accept” and leave a positive rating to this answer, this question will lock open and you will be able to return here at any time to ask me follow-up questions for free, which I will be happy to answer.

If there is any way I can provide better service, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Blake
Blake, Lawyer
I asked the landlord and she is saying I never sign the lease and I have a small child and yes it was for back rent thats why she didnt think I was on the lease now going to tell me im trespass
Phone call session started