Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My wife kicked me and my children out of her house this past…

Customer Question
My wife kicked me...

My wife kicked me and my children out of her house this past Sunday while my boys and I were out of town for a funeral and about 2 hours ago had my truck picked up. I have been making all the payments and insurance payments. The truck is in her name, but the insurance is in mine. What are my options right now?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Texas and we got the truck July 3rd of 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 12 days ago.Category: Legal
2/9/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 12 days ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
One spouse can not unilaterally bar the other from the marital home, absent an abandonment or court order.
If your wife does not want to live with you, she is free to leave, but she can not kick you out.
Call the police and ask them to escort you back to the home so that you can return to the marital home.

Are you online with me?

Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 days ago

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney