Today i was envolve in a car accident while I was driving…

Customer Question
Today i was envolve...

Today i was envolve in a car accident while I was driving with a learning permit ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

New Jersey the car is 2007 Yaris

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No the police officer didn’t make a report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I been send to jail for these ?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
I need help
Can I speak with my lawyer now ?
2/7/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 5 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
I was envolve in a car accident today while I was carrying on a learning permit
Ok. What would you like to know?
Would I go to jail if they caught me guilty I am 18 with a examination permit in New Jersey
I am going to open this to my colleagues given the criminal law issue.
What would to my examination permit ?
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 5 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. This was an accident and should not result in any jail time. The court could impose a fine, court costs, driving classes and your time until you can obtain a normal license may be extended. You will also have to answer to the citation for the accident and unless there were criminal charges filed, a fine would be imposed for each.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!