In 2012 A former employer asked me to store his boat at my…

Customer Question
In 2012 A former...

In 2012 A former employer asked me to store his boat at my place of residents. He has failed to stay in contact with me since I was laid off from his company however he also has fail to claim or cause the removal of the property in question ( a speed boat)

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the boat?

Montana boat is at least 10 to 15 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wondering how I can dispose of the boat

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
signed in with email address and set a pass word but system would not accept pass word when trying to remedy the problem was kicked off system
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/6/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 5 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Does the boat have a TITLE? Or not? This is an important factor.

Okay. And do you wish to KEEP the boat yourself or SELL it, or, simply trash it/recycle/donate/etc?

sell it

Thank you. Essentially what you are dealing with is an abandoned boat title in MN. You will have to get a BONDED TITLE (see here) which means putting down a bond backing the claim to the boat. Once this is done, you can register it as your own, and, sell it.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.