WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN CUCTODY AND GUARDIAN? N.C. THE…

Customer Question
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE...

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN CUCTODY AND GUARDIAN?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

N.C.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THE FAMILY IS ON DRUGS

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
2/6/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 5 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

CUSTODY is when a person becomes the custodian of the child who is under 18.

GUARDIANSHIP generally applies after an individual turns 18, but still cannot take care of themselves and require someone to look after them.

KINSHIP GUARDIANSHIP is when a child does not live with parents, but someone else. That someone else can make day to day decisions for the child, but the child remains the child of the parents who have visitation.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.