Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am selling my business, buyers want to buy the corp. and…

Customer Question
I am selling my...

I am selling my business, buyers want to buy the corp. and fict name

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Along with the credit history Does my fed id go with this also?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can the food stamp account go with the business so they don't have to do the waiting period

Submitted: 16 days ago.Category: Legal
2/6/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 16 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 16 days ago

Yes if they buy the shares here, the corporation remains intact.They can assume the existing account in corp name and EIN number.This is common way around having to start over here.

The credit bureau would pick up on the sale or you can notify them for that matter to verify you sold it on whatever date.Normally the sale is picked up when they change the name of the registered agent and president, etc with Secretary of state where the corp. was formed.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Thank you
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 16 days ago

You are so welcome good luck with sale.

If you can rate 5 stars at top of page it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer