I live in Texas. I had a tenant in my house in Colorado for…

Customer Question
I live in Texas...

I live in Texas. I had a tenant in my house in Colorado for three years. He is suing me in small claims court in Colorado for his deposit of $1200.00. I had to spend $3,000.00 to repair the yard after he moved out. I have before, during and after photos of the yard. I need to counter sue, get the case dismissed, or at the very least postpone. The court date is for March 12, 2018.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He filed a small claims in Colorado Springs, CO El Paso County

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My boyfriend who went to look at the house told him he would get his money back.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
2/6/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

What are you asking here exactly, i.e. what is your question? Example: "How do I counter-sue," etc?

I don't have the time to travel to Colorado anytime soon.
So I have 3 questions actually.
1. How do I get this case dismissed?
or
2. How do I counter-sue?
and/or
3. How do I postpone this case?
I thought you'd answer a question for $5.00?

The $5.00 is a down-payment. The cost is set by the site (I don't have access to it) and is more than $5.00. Did you wish to continue?

Tina, Lawyer