My son has a child with his gf....he has him can she make…

Customer Question
My son has a...

My son has a child with his gf....he has him can she make him give him to her...no papers filed yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Scott

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

South carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing filed or reported

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

The answer is no. Absent custody orders, either/both parent(s) has/have the right to the child. This means that either parent can hold the child and does not have to give the child to the other parent. She cannot force him to give the child to her without a court order stating so.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

This is it do not charge anymore on my card....I did not give permission

I am not in charge of billing. Experts only give answers - I do not even know what you are paying and have no access to this information. I will pass on your comment to customer service and they'll take care of you.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"