If you want to ask interrogatory questions and there are 3…

If you want to ask...
If you want to ask interrogatory questions and there are 3 defendants, can you ask the each separate interrogatory questions?
2/6/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Of course. Interrogatories (and discovery in general) does not have to match to each party equally. One can ask ABC of Defendant1, and ask XYZ of Defendant2.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

I'm confused. I thought by law you could only ask 25 questions? I'm asking if I can ask each defendant 25 questions.

Yes. The 25 questions apply to each Defendant. So it is not that you can ask 25 questions of all Defendants total, but 25 (different, if you wanted to) questions to each Defendant.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Ely, Counselor at Law