During the divorce, a marital home was in a foreclosure.

During the divorce, a...

During the divorce, a marital home was in a foreclosure. Soon after the divorce I found out I can actually handle the payments and keep the house, my ex however is refusing to sign a Quitclaim Deed so I can reconcile with the bank about the missed payments. I need legal representation in obtaining a Quitclaim Deed from my ex

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I tried to revive the case in family court where we got the divorce but judge says he won’t force her to sign the Quitclaim Deed and we should work it out between ourselves

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure

2/3/2018
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Was the house awarded to either of you in the Divorce Decree?

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
House was not awarded to either party since it was in foreclosure and neither party at the time believed it could be saved. My ex wife pushed for foreclosure, and still want a foreclosure but I made a mistake by believing my former attorney that house can’t be saved so I agreed in the divorce decree that house will be likely foreclosed on. However now I filed for chapter 13 and I will likely be allowed to keep the house. However, I’ll be the only one paying for it and it would be unfair to me to share the ownership with a hostile party, who won’t pay a penny yet it may show up in the future, when the will be equity in the property (currently there is none)
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started