I took out a loan with a title loan company, I defaulted and…

Customer Question
I took out a...

I took out a loan with a title loan company, I defaulted and they took my car. Legally what are my rights. Can I pay off the loan and get my car back. The loan was for $3,000 and the car is worth $30k. They just took the car and I'm able to pay off the entire loan amount plus interest tomorrow

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Florida, 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Never mind I do not need a phone call. Communication over text or on this portal is fine. I was hoping the response would be quicker.
1/24/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you.

Unfortunately, your rights are provided by contract in this situation.

What does your contract provide? The title loan company's ability to repossess upon default is legal in Florida. You will need to check your contract for default, repossession and your rights to cure the default.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Please remember to accept my response so I get credit for replying.