Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What kind of condo laws can be put in place to stop

What kind of condo...

What kind of condo laws can be put in place to stop excessive noise and second hand smoke?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

REported only within the condo association and they aren't willing to confront the nut because he gets belligerent and continues to do what he wants.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He smokes marijuana in the bathroom that comes through my vents and I have asthma. It is legal in WA - but I don't like sharing breathing it. Because we share the venting system in the condo - what rights do I have? And they are so LOUD they make my dog shake. No amount of notices posted on their door changes that. They don't care. I don't know what the noise ordinances are at the condos - but the floor he put in was not approved first.

1/23/2018
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You could call the police or file disturbing the peace charges against your neighbor for the noise. As for the smoking.......assuming that it is legal activity........the only real option would be if the association has a non-smoking policy for the property.

Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney