I am self employed and I have liability insurance how ever…

I am self employed...

I am self employed and I have liability insurance how ever the company is auditing me to see if I owe them more money

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes it went to a collection company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are requesting my bank statements do I have to give them that or can I just give them tax return

1/23/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

The answer to your question is yes, as a condition of your policy, you will have to give them over. There may be other things that you may have to turn over as well to help out your case including:

Payroll summary for the last policy period; Cash Summary (if you pay workers in cash instead of through direct deposit); Federal or State Employment Quarterly Reports; Monthly Sales Tax Reports; The amount of money that you have paid your Subcontractor; A copy of all of the 1099 forms for all Subcontractors that you have paid out over the year; and a Certificate of Insurance for the Audited Term.

It's a common procedure that occurs when people are self-employed. It's how the insurance company manages their risk and it's legal. I'm very sorry.

What other questions did you have for me at all?

Ok thank you was unaware since this never happened before and have had liability insurance for yrs

I certainly understand. I think you'll be okay. It's not out of the ordinary.

Also, the pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer