I have recieved a warrant of debt in fairfax, court and the…

Hi, I have recieved...

Hi, I have recieved a warrant of debt in fairfax, virginia court and the date of hearing is 24th january, so i need to get legal advise that what should i do in the court and what are my legal options

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Virginia Fairfax county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

By who?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just to let him know that i contacted the plaintiff attorney a month ago if i can arrange funds before the court date can the case be withdrawn and i can be saved from a judgement against me, but i was unable to arrange the funds as of today.

1/22/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Are you prepared to settle the matter?
I am prepared in some capacity like i have arrangement of only $2000 for now but the total claim is of $6449
My main concern is i don't want a judgment against me which is harmful for my future career that's all i want to save my self from at this point

Normally you can work out a settlement payment plan in court or beforehand. You would explain your finances and work out a payment plan over time which you can afford and if there is a judgment it would be vacated as part of the settlement. Is that clear and acceptable?

Its very much clear but its my first time appearing in court so i just simply want to know that when the judge will call me what should be my response to him/her in regards ***** ***** matter, shall i just say that i plead guilty and accept these charges and would like to setup a payment plan and i have brought this certified cashier's check in the amount of $2000 as to show my intention to pay of my balance but due to my financial position i would need a payment plan setup for over the period of 10 months in which i can pay and finish of my balance. Do you think i should simply state these lines to the honorable judge or it should be anything different then that?

First, this is a civil matter, correct so there is no guilty, only an issues of whether the debt is owing, and if owing, working out a payment plan for the balance

I would focus on speaking to what part of the claim you believe is owing and what payment plan you could manage to do.

The court will normally push both sides to meet further and find terms acceptable to both. Often such claims settle over a payment plan consisting of several months, and sometimes a discount, especially if the balance includes interest, collection costs and other extras.

would you kindly rate me 5 stars for the answer.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I think its well sufficient enough answers to all my questions in this matter, appreciate your help. Thank You.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney