Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I bought an rv from a major rv dealer in Knoxville, TN. Upon…

I bought an rv...

I bought an rv from a major rv dealer in Knoxville, TN. Upon receiving the title we discovered it has a rebuilt title. The dealership is refusing to reimburse our money! What are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I think so. I had a lawyer send them a letter but they did not even respond to it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The lawyer that wrote the letter said I really don’t have a case. It is a Fleetwood Bounder 1993. Before we even received the title it broke down on our first trip bhad to have it towed and a new fuel pump put in.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Tennessee

1/22/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case. The seller misled and breached the agreement.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy new year!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney