I just had a neighbors dog come in my yard and my dog bit…

I just had a...

I just had a neighbors dog come in my yard and my dog bit the dog and the dog had to go to the dr my yard has a invisible fence and I was wondering Am I liable for the neighbors dog

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Liable for the neighbors dog Tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Let u no we was in the watching tv my 7 yr was out side jumping on Trampoline in the neighbors kids and the lady was over here with her dog

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Your neighbor is required to maintain control over their dog. If it got away from them and came onto your property then it was a trespass and you have no duty to trespassers. They are responsible for any damages caused by the trespass, including their own dog's veterinary bills.

If their dog did any damage to your property then they would be liable for that, as well.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney