Im in jamaica on vacation and the landlord wants in my

Im in jamaica on...

Im in jamaica on vacation and the landlord wants in my store , he wants keys from my brother I don't trust him around my merchindise

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to be there when work is to be done .I will be back feb 5 this is my vacation

1/22/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

What is the purpose of the entry?

.

What is your legal question I can help with?

.

.

thanks

immigration lawyer ? read my question

No, not immigration... landlord tenant... not sure why it says that..

.

And you didn't post a question that I can see..

.

These are statements...

.

im in jamaica on vacation and the landlord wants in my store , he wants keys from my brother I don't trust him around my merchindise

.

Are you asking if the landlord can still enter, or if they can force entry, or if brother can refuse, or if you can sue the landlord if he goes in, or something else?

.

.

thanks

to all of those questions
no phone service borrowed computer

Ok, once more... what is the purpose of the entry? Is it emergency repairs, is it maintenance, is it remodeling...??

remodeling water damage from last year on the ceiling

Ok, then if this isn't an emergency or maintenance that you requested, then no, he has no legal right to enter the property. You are the only one who has rights to sole use and possession of the property and you can simply refuse to allow him access until you return. If it was an emergency, that is different. But just doing cosmetic work to an old problem doesn't give him the right to enter.

.

If he does enter, you could sue him for breach of contract, but it might be hard to prove any money damages if nothing is harmed or damaged.

.

So if you tell brother to refuse to give him keys and you tell landlord he is not to enter or you will sue him for breach, that should back him off until you return.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney
thank you Im almost ready to retire and this is upsetting . I have never had a problem with the landlord before (oddfellows lodge)
20 years for me and my dad before me .thanks again ,Clay