Rockhill and my question is that i have power of attorney…

Hi , my name...

Hi , my name is ***** ***** and my question is that i have power of attorney for my mom. she has alzhimers and i need to have her american express statements sent to me as i need to moniter the account. american express is unwilling to help. any suggestions

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Florida is where my mom is . i did send paper work to american express of my power of attorney , in october of 2017 . according to them it was declined

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge. again all i want is the statements sent to me so i can moniter the account

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope not at this time

1/21/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Sometimes, banks and creditors are not willing to hand over information of another person without some sort of court order telling the world that you have access and authority to view these things.

Although a POA works in most situations, companies are not bound to honor them.

You may want to consider getting guardianship over your mother. This means you could request that the court grant you authority to manager her health care and finances, similar to as if she were a child. It is common for people to do this for their parents who can no longer care for themselves. The court may conduct a brief investigation to determine whether you are fit to be a guardian and whether your mom needs a guardian, but with notes from the doctor and the POA, the court should be able to assist you in getting the court order, allowing you to have access as needed.

How else can I help you today?

what you suggest is it best to have done in florida or california

It'll have to be in FL because that's where your mom is.

Thank you

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer