My husband and I are getting old, 66 and 70. story short we…

My husband and I...

My husband and I are getting old, 66 and 70. Long story short we had 120ac river property, and half of a cabin We built with my brother. We put all in our three children’s names with a lifetime lease on it to cut wood, camp, fish, everything till we died. It was noterized but not recorded. They sold everything to my brother for $300,000 , somehow avoiding taxes, and now we are without our cabin and river. And can no longer use nor go there! Have always had bad relationship with brother. Would just like to know do we have any opinions, or we just screwed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think, property in family for 80+ years

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to reach out to Department of Health and Senior Services to assist you. What happened here is considered financial elder abuse and exploitation. You should not be kicked out of your property with no compensation. Click here for contact information.

http://health.mo.gov/safety/abuse/

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thanks so much for the information! Great job!