Recently deceased boyfriend of 7 years in Nevada. During our…

Recently deceased boyfriend of...

Recently deceased boyfriend of 7 years in Nevada. During our life together I spent between $5000 and $10,000 a year on everything g from hardscaping the property to interior decoration, paying utilities, helping support his children etc. When he died I was shown the door by one of the daughters in less than a week. Can I file a creditor claim against the estate? What is allowed/ what expenditures are forfeited? (He had no will, living trust, beneficiary on accounts,) and the daughter hasn't even filed his death certificate for probate, posted notice in newspapers. She thinks she can just stay in the house, have boyfriend/friends move in and just keep paying the mortgage leaving it in his name. Help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of clearly.

1/21/2018
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Unfortunately, if he left no will, and if you weren't married, you have no legal right to his assets or property as you aren't a legal heir at law or a beneficiary of his will.

As for filing a claim, you could do so IF an estate is opened. But, the likelihood of success in recovering anything is fairly low. Since you voluntarily made the payments without any agreement in writing to repay you the debt, it is very unlikely that you could recover any money spent.

Roger, Attorney
Nothing, no $ can give me what I want or need, his life that was filled with happiness when we were together. My concern is that his life may have been taken from him, by his own daughter and her boyfriend, remain in the house and not file "an estate." Is what they are doing legal? Can they just remain in our home? leave everything in his name? forge his signature, pay bills in his name?