Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Non automotive.... service estimates in California law

Non automotive.... service...

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

1/21/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are specific laws in place requiring automotive repair shops to provide a written estimate of services. I recently had my sons phone repaired and am wondering if any similar laws govern these type of repair shops.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not participate in the phone call program. Hence, the rejection of your offer. However, another Attorney who participates in the program may accept your offer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will continue with you. Not switch.

Okay. Thanks. I am still reviewing California Civil Code to see if there are any relevant Statutes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This service company has 4 locations. If you find they are in violation a class action could be a possibility.

Unfortunately, I did not find any Statutes dealing with phone repairs and estimates. However, it would be unfair and deceptive act for the repair shop to represent that a "part, replacement, or repair service is needed when it is not." This would be a violation of California Consumer Protection Act. See California Civil Code Section 1770.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law