Non automotive.... service estimates in California law

Non automotive.... service...

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

1/21/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

There are specific laws in place requiring automotive repair shops to provide a written estimate of services. I recently had my sons phone repaired and am wondering if any similar laws govern these type of repair shops.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not participate in the phone call program. Hence, the rejection of your offer. However, another Attorney who participates in the program may accept your offer.

I will continue with you. Not switch.

Okay. Thanks. I am still reviewing California Civil Code to see if there are any relevant Statutes.

This service company has 4 locations. If you find they are in violation a class action could be a possibility.

Unfortunately, I did not find any Statutes dealing with phone repairs and estimates. However, it would be unfair and deceptive act for the repair shop to represent that a "part, replacement, or repair service is needed when it is not." This would be a violation of California Consumer Protection Act. See California Civil Code Section 1770.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started